Wednesday, 14 December 2011

A glimpse of Homelessness...

Never thought there will be a day where i will have a glimpse of what being 'homeless' is like. (But of coz, i am much more fortunate compare to those really experiencing homelessness). Anyway, we bought a new house in melbourne and expect to have the settlement on the 9th Dec, 2011. In the first place, we wanted 3 months, but the agent/owner wanted it 2 months. So we said okay. Lots of hurdle in obtaining the house, due to out of the sudden, I found out that i have a 'bad credit history'. I am thinking - what!?! how come?! .. i realized prior to my wedding, when Luke has no place to stay, he moved in my place and forgot to pay the utility bills. I heard from my friend, bad credit take around 3 years to remove. With all the hassles of calling Tru Energy, and asking them what happen, paying them, waiting for them to remove my credit. But still my name was blacklisted @_@ However, thank God my smart husband found some loop hole where the bank still able to approve the loan for us.

Excited waiting for the new house to move in, we start to plan. Thinking okay, we don't want to double pay - rent + mortgage. So we tell our current house agent to lease out the house and i am not sure if this house being in a good location, she said yes. Within a week, she found someone to be able to  live in the day we move out! We are praising God for His providence.

The test came one week prior to settlement date, we realized that the owner only submit some forms 1.5 weeks before the settlement date. Which in short, we will NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE IN TO THE NEW HOUSE AS PLANNED. My heart sank. Praying and praying and praying God please make a way for us. We even sorted out electricity, water, internet to start in the new house etc. But most of all, nothing beats ..

WE GOT NO PLACE TO GO!
OUR STUFFS HAS NO PLACE TO GO EITHER!

Devastated.

I can never imagine, being without a ..home. I am thinking ..If we have only1 luggage each, we can probably easily pop by any cheap motels. Even so, is going to cost alot. But now, we have sofas, beds, fridge, washing machine, dryer, big dining table ..etc you name it. We just arrived Melbourne few months ago, relationship is not build to that extend yet *compare to Brissy, i can easily think of friends who i can pop in their house without feeling pai seh! ok, maybe abit pai seh still. I am really disturbed and wondering, why God why, You allow this to happen to us..

My heart sunk deeper to the great ocean.

A glimpse and a taste of.. homelessnes. why so downcast o my soul.. my hope is in YOU LORD,
I WILL PRAISE YOU MY SAVIOUR AND MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I really thank God for my kawan, AGAIN, she offer her house for us to stay. To home the homeless. And our stuffs will be in those storage place where you have to pay -per week rent. Is funny how i felt, so low. I think I never .. really know how to 'accept help'. I grew up in an environment where my parents are always the 'help' for others. I never really know.. or never learn how to 'accept' help. I find it hard, so pai seh to trouble friends.. is it my ego? or is it a battle of.. security? I start to wonder what the homeless felt? Is it because I am already weak, but if i accept help, the weaker i felt?

.. God is still a Good God. At least, i am not literally homeless..Lord i pray that You will take care of those homeless people. Shelter them o Lord, provide for them, set them free and break the chains of homeless, poverty and help them to have a new start to live once again.




Thank You God for Your providence upon my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. Shin Yee. :) Congrats on your new home! Please share pictures! That'll be where I need to stay when I visit Melbourne. :P Thank God for your kawan. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. i will..wait til i "move in" first ya :D hehehe.. you're welcome Jing er! :p

    ReplyDelete